Saturday, November 04, 2006

His Love is Deep

As I think about my own sinfulness, and how often I willingly sell myself to other gods and worship idols while claiming that my heart belongs to Jesus ALONE...
And as I think about the nation of ancient Israel, whom we are studying in Come Thirsty each week...
And as I realize with shame that I am not much different from them...
I am struck by these song lyrics.

May they encourage you today, not because of who you are, but because of the One who called you by name to serve Him.

"Your Love is Deep"
Jami Smith
Your love is deep
Your love is high
Your love is long
Your love is wide
Deeper than my view of grace
Higher than this worldly place
Longer than this road I travel
Wider than the gap You filled

Who shall separate us
Who shall separate us from Your love
Nothing can separate us
Nothing can separate us from Your love

No comments: