Monday, November 27, 2006

The Open Door



The door swings wide open. I am excited, curious, fearful. I have seen others enter and exit, yet they are not the same when they leave. Change. Transformation. Alteration. I have been told I cannot help but be changed once I enter. Is it worth the risk?

The door swings wide open. I take one step forward but shrink back from the intense light that is emitted. Yet something compels me to enter. I hear a voice. “Absorb the moment. Relish the moment. Live the moment.”

The door swings wide open and I cautiously tiptoe in. I cannot peel my eyes away. Beauty. Majesty. Power. I open my mouth to speak but I cannot utter a word. Sound ceases. The world fades. I am standing alone. I am uncovered, exposed, vulnerable. I begin trembling, shaking to the core, yet peace surrounds me. I am in the presence of a Mighty Lion and I am safe.

The door swung wide open, I entered, and I never want to leave. I drink in its glory, bask in its loveliness, bathe in its truth. I find purpose, and for that moment all that matters is that I am here with You.

No comments: