Thursday, November 16, 2006

Prayer: A Sweet Fragrance


Indescribable Power
Unceasing Praise
Heart Leaps with Joy
Kneeling Before the Throne
Boundless Grace
Faith Strengthened
Wounds Healed
Trials Accepted
Love for God Grows
Intimacy Deepens
Hope Realized
Answers Revealed
Change
A Quiet Heart’s Cry
Unrestrained Passion
Incense/A Sweet Fragrance
Creation Communicates with Creator
My Will Joyfully/Humbly Surrendered
My Eyes Turned toward Heaven
My Ears Attuned to Your Call
Admitted Helplessness
Utter Dependence on You
Sacrifice
Dead in Transgression
Alive in You
Rebirth
Transition
Continual Growth
Being Still and Knowing He is God





Explanation:
Prayer is a sweet fragrance lifted up before our omnipotent Father. We can barely grasp the power of prayer, but we know it is a connection with God Almighty. The words above are the images that come to my mind as I ponder this beautiful communion with my Savior. As I stared at the shape of the words on paper, I noticed they resembled a vase. Though this was purely coincidental, how appropriate that they resembled that which holds a sweet fragrance—for that is the essence of prayer.

No comments: